Hi there! Today I present to you a mini makeup tutorial on how I mostly pull off a dark lip without looking crazy. I do this when I have to go to a party or something, but don’t feel like spending a lot of time on my eye makeup. Thus, this look involves a very simple eye look with bold lips and can be achieved within 15 minutes or so 🙂 So let’s get started.
- Foundation: I use Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation for formal events and parties as it is a full coverage foundation that conceals all the redness and uneven skin tone on my face and gives a flawless finish without looking too cakey or heavy. It also feels very lightweight as it’s a mousse foundation.
- Concealer: Then I put Maybelline’s Fit me! Concealer under my eyes to conceal the darkness and also on the bridge of my nose and chin to brighten/highlight.
- Powder: I use Wet n Wild’s Coverall Pressed Powder to set my foundation and concealer. This sets my foundation and concealer in place and helps them to stay put throughout the day without budging or creasing.
- Contour: My favorite contouring and highlighting palette is Luscious Cosmetic’s Face Contour Kit. I use the light brown shade on the upper right corner of the palette to define my cheek bones and contour my forehead.
- Highlighter: Then I highlight my face using the highlight shade on the lower left corner of the same palette. The formulation on these is very buttery and goes on smooth and doesn’t look chunky on the skin. I put the white shimmery shade under my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes.
- Blush: For blush, I used Atiqa Odho’s Blush in the shade ‘Flamingo’.
To fill in my eyebrows, I use Catrice Absolute Eye Colour eye shadow in the shade ‘080 Go Charlie Brown!’ using a Kryolan Angled Brush. It’s a very cool toned brown eye shadow that matches the color of my eyebrows and these eye shadows are very smooth and pigmented. It does the job of filling in my eyebrows very well!EYES:
- Eye shadow: All I do is put the same eye shadow that I use to fill in my eyebrows with, on the upper and lower lash line of my eyes to define them, and also in the crease. This step ensures that my eyes are not looking bare and flat, and there’s some definition to them. This balances out the makeup look as well.
- Mascara: Then I curl my lashes with an eyelash curler and apply 2 coats of Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black on my lashes and 1 coat on my bottom lashes.
- Lipliner: In this picture at the beginning of the post, I lined my lips with Essence Lip Liner in ’14 Femme Fatale’. These lip liners are very creamy and are one of my favs!
- Lipstick: I’m also wearing MAC Ruby woo in the picture. It’s a gorgeous red!
And that’s the look completed! 🙂 Hope you all like it.
Note: You can totally create this look with whatever products you have. These are just the products that I like to use for a look like this. All the products I use may not work for everyone.